Friday, December 19, 2008

Tangerines and Snow





The weather has been, for California, frightful the last couple of days. The snow level was down to a few thousand feet, which led to some nice views outside of Mom's window, which she still seems to enjoy taking in.

She also noticed the tangerine tree across the street, in the neighbor's yard. They are, like the oranges on the tree in Mom's front yard, not ripe yet. But Mom could smell them through the open window last week and wanted some, which we gave her in a very small amount as that was all she would eat.

Wanted to include a photo with snow in the backround, yes it does happen here, but as I always say, I like to be able to GO to snow, I don't like it to come to me.

I've also included another shot to prove, that yes, FALL also happens here, at least in mom's town of Arcadia, which is older and planted with non-California trees. I liked the juxtaposition of the fall colors with the orange and palm trees. Mom has loved living here.

No comments: